It's been a while since I've posted anything personal in here and since there are so many new readers (wave, wave!) I think it's a good time to share some things you *might* not know about me =] And to make it fun I'm also sharing some photos Kenny and my best friend Bonnie took for my website (re-launching soon) So you guys get a little preview of my new about photos.
- Ok this one MOST of you already know, but I thought I would share *just in case* – I am self-taught English speaker and started blogging after Ken and I got engaged as a way to improve, I knew I was going to move from my home country Chile to California, so I was looking for every tool I could to improve my English.
- I don't like talking on the phone, this could be because of number 1, because ever since I moved to california I'm as far as possible from the phone (landline, I'm glued to my cell).
- My passion for sewing started after I watched a Mexican Telenovela called “Simplemente Maria” when I was about 6 years old, the main character goes from sewing at her house to having a huge clothing company, and that's exactly what I wanted to do, but that time I could only make toilet paper dresses for my Barbies, because my mom would not let me play with needles. So now you know, that's where my dream to want to be a Fashion Designer comes from.
- At 7 years old I convinced my Mom to get me a toy sewing machine and started playing with fabric, it was the BEST christmas present EVER! It was pretty hard to sew on that thing, but I cherish it and I probably would still have it if my cousin wouldn't have given it away without my permission.
- I meet my husband Ken while I was hitchhiking, I shared the story back when I was blogging about our wedding plans on Weddingbee, but the short story is I came to work at a ski resort up in the mountains where I know live as an exchange work experience while in college, I needed to get to work along with my roommate, so we hitchhiked and Ken picked us up, we chatted and I found out he worked as a Ski patrol at the same resort, after a month of “small talk” almost every day, we started dating and the rest is history =]
- I learner how to swim while in college and got hooked, by my last year I was on the swimming team, training 3 hours a day and LOVING IT! I am super bummed I don't have any pools close enough to my house to keep on swimming, so I cherish each time I'm under water.
- Not many people know, but while in collage I worked at Hooters in Chile, actually I won the swimsuit competition there and visit the USA for the first time to come to Vegas and represent Chile in the international pageant.
- As a clarification, I am as far as someone could be to being a pageant girl, at the pageant I was the girl that asked to wake up 1/2 and hour before our appointments to take a shower and get ready (compared to the 3 hours my roommate took to select her clothes, do her hair and makeup)
- I am a self-proclaimed hard-core nerd, I think it might have a lot to do with my love for coding (HTML, CSS, PHP, etc…) and the fact that I wear glasses when I'm on the computer. so yeah, I'm nerdy and I know it! :P
- I still struggle with my English, I am a lot more confident now, after almost 3 years living here, but I'm not as comfortable as I should be, at least now I've accepted that I make mistakes and that I'm still learning, so I'll say I'm in the happy middle.
It was fun to share a little bit more of personal side =] I've been wanting for a while, so there you go!
I hope you are all having a lovely day and had a sunny weekend!