Recipe: Mini Lemon Meringue Pie

I don't know if I've mentioned before, but Lemon Pie is my absolute favorite, my mouth waters just by thinking about it, and I think I make at least one a month =]

Since I showed you all the mini pies I baked for the Poodle baby shower, I decided to share the recipe, because it's not only super yummy but also super easy!

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 bag of graham crackers (smash them into crumbs)
  • 1/4 cup of softened butter
  • 1 or 2 lemons (Juice of 1 or 2 and the zest of only 1)
  • 1 can of condensed milk
  • 4 egg whites
  • 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar

DIRECTIONS:

– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
– In a bowl mix the crackers with the butter and half the lemon zest. If it's easier use your hands to combine.
– Press about 2 tablespoons of mixture evenly cupcake pan. Use your fingers to reach better. Cook for 6 – 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

masa

– In a bowl mix the can of condensed milk with the juice of 1 or 2 lemons (i like it very lemony so I always use 2) also add the rest of the lemon zest.
– Add about 1-1/2 tablespoon of filling into the crust.

relleno

– Beat the egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. With mixer running slowly add the sugar.
– Cover the pies with Meringue, I like to add meringue to a Ziploc bag and cut one tip so I can decorate better (I don't have the cool tips to decorate 🙁 yet! )

merengue

– Cook for  10 more minutes or until the top of your pies are golden brown.

dorado

Let them chill and enjoy your little bites!

I love Lemon Meringue Pie. When I lived in Chile I used to make my own crust from scratch, but here I discover that using graham crackers is so much easier! One more thing I like about cooking and baking in California 🙂

Hope you enjoy, I have to go bake now!

1. Jessica Lynn
    Jessica Lynn says:

This is my husband’s absolute favorite pie, and that’s saying a lot, because the man eats pie often! I’m going to try making these for his birthday in a couple months!

2. Chantal
    Chantal says:

These look so fantastic! My sister loves lemon and is having a yellow themed wedding so I think I may make these for her bridal shower!

3. Macy
    Macy says:

Unfortunately we don’t have graham crackers in Brazil, what kind of crackers would you suggest to use instead?

• Macy
      Macy says:

Joy, thanks for the answer!

I did tried in my fiancée’s b-day and it didn’t work as I hoped.
      But I’m taking the blame, because I might have used too much butter and too much lemon “cream”.

I’ll try again anytime, because I really like lemon pie!

I am so sorry I did not work the way you wanted, I just though of this. I baked with other kind of butter and had to add less butter because the crackers were super soft. Maybe that was your problem? I am sorry – I guess the best way to nail it is just keep trying and testing.

4. Tegan
    Tegan says:

Hi Joy!

I ADORE lemon meringue pie, and I absolutely LOVE your shake up of the tradition recipe. Hopefully I’ll give this recipe a go soon 🙂 I hope it was okay that I blogged about this recipe, giving due credit (of course!) to you. Leave a comment on the post if you’d rather I hadn’t/you’d like me to change anything.

Tegan x

Hi Tegan! I am so happy you like my recipe and thank you for sharing it in your blog =] I hope it works for you and have a wonderful day!

5. Jing
    Jing says:

Hi, I would like to ask how many grams or cups is 1 bag of graham crackers? Would like to try your recipe because it is simple to make and I happen to like lemon meringue pies. Thank you very much.