Curly through my new camera lens

I love taking pictures and I am learning once step at a time. Last Friday I received my brand new camera lens a Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro, I could not be more excited!

I know that equipment doest not make a good photographer, but I am hoping to learn more now that I have another lens to play with! – So hopefully my pictures will improve =] And of course I had to play with it right away and here are some pictures of one of my favorite subjects (Ken was not at home), my adorable little furry baby – Curly!

He loves when I take pictures of him, and he stays still looking at the direction I tell him when we are doing a photo-shoot, he's an awesome model

I just love the bokeh I can get with it! and I love the little black nose of Curly, now I can get it to show even cuter!

I also had to shoot our furry neighbor, I cough one of them yawning, but it almost look like he's barking and being mean, they actually are adorable and play with curly all the time through the fence.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! Tomorrow is flower tutorial day =]

1. ava-j
    ava-j says:

how lucky you are to have such a willing and gorgeous model! Can’t wait to see more photos taken with your new “toy”…

2. Katie
    Katie says:

I am always a sucker for cute pup pictures! These are great! I am also infatuated with taking pictures of our furbabies…

3. Vanessa
    Vanessa says:

Ahh, how cute! I wish Curly was made of cake and frosting so I could eat him up hessocute!

4. Beth
    Beth says:

What is your favorite camera lens? I’m looking to buy my first -not from the original camera purchase- lens.

Hi Beth,
      Actually this lens was my first purchase, because I am using my husband’s camera that came with a EFS 18-55mm lens and he already had a zoom lens EF 75-300mm. So to me specially since I take pictures of small objects a Macro lens was the way to go. I would suggest to try and find reviews of any lens you are interested in purchasing. I actually researched for months before I committed to purchase it =] and by the way my Macro lens is a EF 100mm 1/2.8 and I LOVE it – it’s my favorite for sure!! – I hope that helps =]

5. Ashley Stark
    Ashley Stark says:

I think you meant caught, not cough! I love your blog, and ALL of your crafts! I always use old t-shirts because never have the time to get new fabric!