2013 you are already here?

I can't believe 2013 it's already here! it seems to me only a couple of year a go it was the year 2000 =]
I am kind of behind on my Christmas photos, so I wanted to share our photos along with my 2013 resolution.

My resolution for this year was to get back into drawing and using pen and paper again. I've done handwriting and graphics for my blog designs before, but my resolution is to create a line of prints to sell on my Studio's etsy shop. My idea is to create a line of sewing/crafting prints and some other nursery and office focus ones. I'm excited to explore that creative outlet again! Here a few preview of what I've been working on.

via instagram

Santa also surprised me with this beautiful serger, so I also want to learn about it and do some tutorials =] Another project I want to tackle is the one I started two years a go, my 101 in 1001 I need to update the things I've done but I still have a way to go, my plan is to try and finish all of it before October. I also have cool collaboration plans for a new series of post that I know a lot of you would really like, so yeah! lots of exciting things going on right now.

But of course my main priority is to keep enjoying this little guy! I've used him as a model for an upcoming tutorial, and here a few behind the scenes pictures =]

What are your plans for this year? Anyone exploring new creative outlets?
I hope you are staying warm!
XOXO

1. Rocio
    Rocio says:

Feliz año nuevo, Joy!
    Hace un rato que sigo tu blog, así que los mejores deseos para este año que empieza!
    Saludos desde Santiago caluroso!

Muchas gracias Rocio! Mi mamá me ha contado el calor que hace en Santiago! aca esta nevando asi que me encantaria estar con ustedes hehe!

2. Vane
    Vane says:

Baby Mateo is so cute, que cabellitos! Your pen and ink drawings are great, I really like the “you look lovely” one. Can’t wait to see what you do this year!

Thank you Vane! his hair is pretty wild, we are thinking about cutting it soon because people think he’s a girl lol

3. Jennifer
    Jennifer says:

I Hope that I’ll finally figure out how my life is going to change in the near future. I know that I want a change I’m just not sure how it will look like yet…

Change is GOOD! I hope it works out for you Jennifer! knowing what you want to change is the first step, even if you don’t know how to get there yet!

4. Val Shepley
    Val Shepley says:

Well don’t you look a lovely, happy, family dear. So happy to see you working with such joy once again..
    Praying for every blessing for you all in 2013

5. Kat
    Kat says:

I was hoping to move to Lake Arrowhead, CA but the Rim of the World High School is having a few issues, so that is going to have to wait for about 4 more years. I want to sew more and different things for my kids. i am learning to knit and I want to learn to crochet.

Conner has the most beautiful eyes! Do enjoy him, he is a doll!

6. paola
    paola says:

Hola,que este sea un muy bendecido año…te encontre por Pinterest y me han encantado tus diseños,gracias por compartirlos,felicitaciones por tu bella familia,tambien soy chilena vivo en la octava Region.

7. Amy
    Amy says:

Hi Joy! I just discovered your site and was reading a little about you and your family. Your little boy is adorable!! So sweet. I’m looking forward to exploring your blog more. Thanks so much for all the artistic inspiration! I need to make something crafty! It’s been too long since I have. Now that my son is in 1st grade and my baby girl is playing on her own a little more (9 months) I have a few moments to myself 🙂
    Have a beautiful day!!

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! =] I’m so happy you found my blog and i hope to see you around more! Have a lovely day!