* Typography the design of letters is on the heart of visual communication and graphic design. No design is a hit with out a hit typography.
* An artful craft for the reason that days of moveable type, lately's digital designers have an not possible array of possibilities in the case of opting for typefaces. Whether or not on paper, screen or in e-ink, legibility and expression are paramount.
* Where do the most efficient recent fonts come from, and who designed them? Fortunately for us, typography for such a lot designers is an obsession, probably the most purest types of design, one that may at all times be improved and refined.
* Decided on by the arena's such a lot knowledgable and well-attached graphic-design commentator, Steven Heller, this survey gets into the minds of designers who create typefaces, word-images and symbols through their private sketchbooks.
* This number of typographic explorations, arranged by designer intimately reveals how over 90 of global's leading designers and typographers continually strive to seek out new and exciting ways of communicating through letters and words. Established designer and up-and-coming talents come with Ivan Chermayeff, Carlos Segura, Milton Glaser, Maira Kalman, Bob Aulfudish, Matthew Carter (US), Javier Mariscal and Patrick Thomas (Spain), Erik Spiekermann, Viktor Nübel (Germany), Peter Bilak and Enkeling (the Netherlands), Jean Baptiste Levée (France).
* The results of these wide-ranging typographic musings provide fascinating insights into the expressive quality of letters and words. Aimed toward all folks that use type, Whether or not by hand or on screen, this pleasing compendium stresses the significance of excellent typography at a time when reading habits are changing and celebrates a craft that has endured for hundreds of years.