We are Home Owners!!

I wanted to share this amazing news with all of you today because for the past 3 months I've been keeping it a secret that we started house hunting, I don't think we could be any more excited because finally this weekend escrow closed and we are officially home owners!

home owners

We were so excited we wanted to move right away! but right after we took this pictures a snow storm hit the mountains and up until today there was still snow coming down, we lost power because of falling trees and it was way too difficult to even try to move things in the snow. So we will wait for the weather to get better to attempt to move.

Our new house is by no means new, it was actually build in the 70′ and needs a lot of work, no really A LOT of work! but that was exactly what we were looking. We contemplated building in order to have the house we wanted, but after we saw this house we knew right away that it was perfect for us, it had all the potential we were looking for, and since it needs so much work, we can renovate it to be exactly what we want =]

home owners

The house it's located downhill, so in this picture you can only see one floor, but it's actually a 3 story down, and the main level entrance is one of the things we LOVE! we used to have to carry groceries about 30 steps up from our rental driveway to the house, so this by itself it's a great improvement! We have a two car garage with a little shop below it, we plan to renovate that too, but so far that's last in our super long list!

And along with the news I wanted to share one of the things that excited me the most about this house – the 3rd floor -> this is actually a 1 bath/2 rooms level, and it's all MINE to set up my studio/office!! YAY! – So I can't wait to get started in the renovation of this space (one of my first projects in the house)

It's funny that even before escrow closed I had everything I want to make with this space planned out in my head =] I decided to keep the wall dividing the 2 rooms (at first I wanted to get rid of it and have just one very long room) and make the front room my office/design studio and the back room as my sewing/crafting area so that way I keep things more organized.

home owners

home owners

I am so excited to share the rest of the house and the improvements we are going to be working on, since it will be mostly done by us with the professional help of Ken's dad. We decided we want to move in and slowly work on one room at a time, for this next couple of weeks we are going to be working on cleaning, and whatever the weather allows us to do outside, and I'll be working on my studio every time I can.

I am so happy to finally write this post, we have been crossing fingers for weeks!!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and if you have any moving tips I would really appreciated! since last time I moved I only brought 2 bags from Chile, this move will be a little bigger than that LOL.

• Marcia (123 blog)
      Marcia (123 blog) says:

Congratulations!

Your house is gorgeous! I can’t imagine that there’s so much more to do in terms of work.

I love the sound of all that space for your creativity!!!

1. Ardee
    Ardee says:

So glad to be a part of the process. I can’t wait to see the final transformation of that home.

I don’t think we can thank you enough Ardee!! You are the best =] and I am so happy to now have you as a friend!

2. Shannyn @frugalbeautiful.com
    Shannyn @frugalbeautiful.com says:

Oh my gosh Joy, that is TOO CUTE…it definitely has character, I cannot wait to see how you make it your own and add your own touches. I know you’ve done such beautiful work with graphic design and fashion I cannot wait to see what you do in your new home, CONGRATULATIONS!!! 😀

3. Melissa
    Melissa says:

Congrats! My biggest tip for moving would be as you unpack the boxes take the opportunity to organize things in to keep and discard piles. I know this seems counter-productive, but for some reason I can’t manage this while the stuff goes into the boxes. Good luck with everything!

4. Becca
    Becca says:

How exciting! It sounds like you will have fun getting the work done on it. I can’t wait to be able to have a house of my own. 🙂

5. Andaira
    Andaira says:

Enhorabuena!!!!!!!
    Tenéis mucho trabajo por delante, pero seguro que vais a disfrutar mucho con ello.
    Estaré encantada de ver la transformación porque realmente se ve una casa preciosa….nada comparable a lo que estamos acostumbrados por aquí en España, que la mayoría vivimos en pisos y apretados….así que a disfrutarla mucho guapa!

6. Joy

I just found your blog and have been following you… I LOVE your new house.. it is so darn cute! I cant wait to see what you guys do to. ENJOY!

7. Mirja
    Mirja says:

What a wonderful house! Congratulations and have fun fixing it up! When we bought our 1950’s era house it hadn’t been redecorated since the 70’s. It was so much fun giving it a makeover in our own style.

8. Janie
    Janie says:

congrats! your house looks as cute as a button! i can just picture Curly running all around the house. 🙂

9. Cece
    Cece says:

Congratulations! The house looks so cute, and I can’t wait to see how you guys make it your own. I know you have to be overjoyed about having the new two room studio/sewing space 🙂 What does Curly think about the new place?

10. Carmen Wyant
    Carmen Wyant says:

What a cute house-Congratulations! And lucky you to have that whole space to work in. Best of luck with all your renovations. Have fun with this.

11. Allison Strunka
    Allison Strunka says:

Congratulations! I cannot wait to see what you do with your space! What an exciting time:)

12. EnthusedMonkey
    EnthusedMonkey says:

That first photo! Love it! We just bought a new home and I pretty much wake up every morning with that exact same smile! Best of luck with your new adventure, very much looking forward to seeing all the changes! Zoe

13. Sara
    Sara says:

CONGRATULATIONS, Joy!!! That’s such amazing news and the house is beautiful! I cannot wait to see how you decorate everything. I know it’s going to be so inspiring to your readers (including me)! CONGRATS!!!

14. Gina
    Gina says:

Congratulations Joy!! I just found this website and I love it so much!! I love the way this house looks and being on a sloped lot, I’m sure you have some amazing views too!!

As for moving, I move quite a bit! I tend to pack one room at a time. I unload all of my boxes and put them in the corner of the room it will be in (clothes boxes in closet, towel box in bathroom, etc) and then I unpack the boxes one room at a time until everything is exactly where it needs to be!!

I work in the housing industry, so I’m always so glad to hear that people are buying houses and decorating them so that it will be a home they can enjoy. 🙂 I’m so happy for you guys!!

Congratulations again! 😀

15. Kat
    Kat says:

I just found your blog today and have to say your new house reminds me of Lake Arrowhead, CA! We have a cabin in Arrowhead and I love it. Congrats on the new home and new baby.

16. Christiano
    Christiano says:

Congrats i have been trying to find a nice house in thee crestline area with a area for my kids to play weve been lookin towards voe but i dont like the neighborhood. anyways goodluck with the decorating cant wait to see how it looks(: